Start a new career with Freeport McMoRan while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
Leading global mining firm Freeport-McMoRan has its corporate headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We manage substantial proved and probable deposits of copper, gold, and molybdenum across a variety of massive, long-lived, and geographically dispersed assets. The business has a diverse portfolio of copper-related operating, expansion, and growth projects. One of the biggest publicly listed producers of copper, molybdenum, and gold worldwide, Freeport-McMoRan also produces considerable amounts of copper. We have a long history of doing business in a secure, extremely effective, and socially responsible way.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Salary:$67,000 – $93,000 a year
Location: Work From Home
Full Job Description
Oversees and performs specialized accounting and financial activities on complex accounts and funds in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Freeport-McMoRan policies and procedures.
- Performs or serves as team leader in assembling complex and interrelated financial statements; oversees and reviews the recording of expenditures, entries and posting to general ledgers; verifies books and bank statement reconciliation
- Analyzes financial operations and recommends enhancements to policies or procedures
- Reviews and recommends new or enhanced automated financial statements
- Oversees and assists in audit preparation by developing required schedules and reconciliation reports; monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects
- May provide functional advice or training to less experience accountant positions at site
- Performs other duties as required
- High School diploma or GED and eight (8) years professional experience in accounting, including two (2) years in prolong intellectual instruction (certifications, instructed training, OR on the job training, etc..) in Accounting or Finance; OR
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related area and six (6) years professional experience in accounting; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related area and four (4) years experience in accounting, OR
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or closely related area and two (2) years experience in accounting.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures in the accounting field of specialization
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Knowledge of office procedures and equipment, including PCs and financial software
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator and internal staircase
- Occasionally work may be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in the manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.